Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 2 & 3

So last night I didn't get to post. Basically day 2 was a really long day but I am settling in to being there day after day. After school I got to make two math artifacts to hang on the wall (:

Today, day 3, was a great day! I feel like I am finding my place and voice in the classroom. In the morning the ELL students had testing, which took half of our students. I planed for taking over word study next week. Fountas &Pinnell will be my best friends this weekend... I already had questions on it and asked my methods teacher! My supervisor came in at the end of math and he will be coming in next week, eekkk. I do not know why I am so nervous to start teaching my munchkins.. I've been around them so much and know them. But after today I really feel like I have found my place and voice more within the classroom, so I think that tomorrow will just be a better day.

This morning when I looked at the weather, it said it was going to be in the 30s, so I thought it would be ok to not bring my boots for recess duty.  BOY, OH, BOY was I wrong!! My feet froze! There was also talk about friday having bad weather.. hrmm.. snow day?!

Well I had Children's Literature this evening, and we have to do an interactive read aloud for next week. I plan on doing The Little Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, using a trash can the students bring up the animal when it is first swallowed and it goes into the trash can. I will show photos once it is made this weekend!

Well I really should go to bed. I have my Social Studies mini lesson due in my methods class after tomorrow.

Oh, this was something that I was told by a previous teacher I volunteered with, which made me so happy and more confident, I was told that "She had never seen someone more prepared for student teaching. I am a natural." This gave me the best boost to finish off 'hump' day on my first week of student teaching. (:

"At first glance it may appear too hard. Look again. Always look again."
-Mary Anne Rodmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment